|As when using any type of candle, care and attention needs to be used: |
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never place burning candles near curtains, other flammable objects, children or pets.
- Place a candle in an upright position in a non-flammable holder. Make sure the candle is placed in an adequate way and cannot fall over.
- Do†not place candles in a draft and the wick should not be longer than 1 cm. Otherwise the candle will probably smoke, flicker or drip.
- Do not place a candle close to a heat source or another candle.
- Do not extinguish a candle with water. Use, preferably, a snuffer.
- Do not place a burnt match or other†materials in the candle. It may cause a second flame which results in the candle not burning the right way.†